This guide on Lasko Heater Red Light Blinking will talk about:
- Why is my Lasko Heater blinking red?
- How do you reset your Lasko Heater?
- What do I do if my Lasko Heater won’t turn on
Table of Contents
- Why Is My Lasko Heater Red Light Blinking?
- How Do You Reset A Lasko Heater?
- What Do I Do If My Lasko Heater Won’t Turn On?
Why Is My Lasko Heater Red Light Blinking?
When you plug in your Lasko Heater, the heater will make a beep and the red or power light will come on. It indicates there is power to the unit. The power light or red light will keep blinking or remain lit until you unplug the heater from the electrical outlet.
In short, an illuminated red light on your Lasko Heater is not a problem at all. It’s the indication that the unit is getting power to heat your confined space in the ice-cold days of winter.
In rare cases, you may encounter problems like The red light on Lasko Heater is on or blinking but it doesn’t work. You will typically face this issue if the unit is receiving insufficient electric supply. Turns out, a hardware defect can also lead your Lasko Space Heater to go through this.
Fortunately, I have already covered an article on Lasko Heater Red Light On But Not Working. Check out that article to learn the details.
How Do You Reset A Lasko Heater?
To reset your Lasko Heater:
- Unplug the unit from the electric outlet.
- Leave your space heater for 10 minutes to let it cool down.
- Once it has cooled down, insert the power cord into a 120V outlet and turn on the heater following the operating instructions mentioned in the manual.
What Do I Do If My Lasko Heater Won’t Turn On?
Check the followings if the Lasko Heater won’t turn on:
- Ensure the unit gets electric power. Regarding this, verify the electric outlet you used to power up the heater is functional. Next, ensure the power cord is plugged tightly and it doesn’t get fried out.
- If the heater has reached its desired temperature setting, the unit will go into the Off position. In this case, you must adjust the thermostat setting.
- The heater will also not come on if it gets dirty. So, clean the air filter every two weeks as well as its body.
Lasko Heater Blinking red is not a problem. The red light will blink when you initially plug the power cord into the electric outlet. It means there is power to your space heater. In other words, there is nothing to worry about.
Eric Alvarez is an HVAC guy based in El Paso, Texas, United States. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the University Of Texas at El Paso. Years of experience in the HVAC field have taught him many lessons, not the least of which is that the value of quality and knowledge far exceeds any promised initial savings. He has a good standing reputation for superior skills in heating, air conditioning, hot water tanks, and indoor air quality systems.