This guide on Vornado Heater Manual Reset will walk you through:
- 5 Simple Steps to Reset the Vornado Heater Manually
- How To Turn On Vornado Heater?
Table of Contents
Vornado Heater Manual Reset [5 Easy Steps]
Vornado Heater is equipped with a multilevel safety shut-off system to prevent overheating. Overheating may occur due to blockage in the inlets or outlets. If it (overheating) happens, you must reset the unit manually.
And the following 5 simple steps will help you reset the heater manually:
- Turn off the heater by pressing the Power on the button and unplug the heater from the electric outlet.
- Clear any obstructions that build up in the heater. Grab your vacuum cleaner attached with a brush attachment and clean the Front Outlet Grille. Besides, use an air compressor to blow out accumulated dust from the heating element and the motor. Of course, vacuum out the air inlets on the sides of the heater to remove the dust.
- Allow the heater to cool down by leaving it for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug the power cord into the electric outlet and place it in the desired position.
- Press the power button on and the heater should now function normally.
How To Turn On Vornado Heater?
The below steps will help you turn on the Vornado Heater:
- Use the integrated handle on the back of the heater to lift and carry your space heater.
- Place your space heater in a way so that the airflow doesn’t get restricted.
- Plug the power cord of the unit into a standard electric wall outlet.
- Press the power button and select the Mode. The red indicator light will illuminate, indicating there is power in the unit. Then, set the thermostat to the highest setting. When your room temperature reaches a comfort level, slowly turn the thermostat counterclockwise until the heat cycles off.
Vornado Heater stops working if it’s unplugged from the power source, the unit gets overheated, or the air filter or inlets get restricted by dust buildup.
To reset a portable heater, unplug the unit from the electric outlet. Allow it to cool down by leaving it for at least 10 minutes. Then, plug the heater into the outlet again and turn it on.
There are 3 heat settings on a Vornado Heater, including:
Manually resetting the heater is a must if it shuts off due to overheating.
Regarding this, turn off the unit and unplug it from the electric outlet. Remove any restriction from the heater and allow the unit to cool down by leaving it for several minutes. Afterward, plug the power cord of the heater again and turn it on by pressing the Power button.
Now, the unit should work normally.
Eric Alvarez is the head of content on LilDutchUncle.Com. He is an HVAC guy based in El Paso, Texas, United States. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the University Of Texas at El Paso. Years of experience in the HVAC field have taught him many lessons, not the least of which is that the value of quality and knowledge far exceeds any promised initial savings. He has a good standing reputation for superior skills in heating, air conditioning, hot water tanks, and indoor air quality systems.